Today we live in a changing world, and we have to change the way we live whether we like it or not. COVID-19 is such a phenomenon happening to all of us, raising many questions of the usual way we live and interact. “A new normal” that’s what it is, the big question here is how many of us think through and start working towards adapting it and accepting the way it has become. As human, change is one of the most challenging things to do as we always fall back to the way we are. Some countries are fortunate enough where the minds of the great leaders in the government and the society incorporate the changes in the policies and start working with the public to implement those changes and the general public benefits from those changes.
We all need change for the better, to grow faster for the good of us and society. When we, as an individual, become a better member of the family, the family becomes better and we, as a better member of the society, the society become better.
“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” –Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.
Our primary goal, collective and individual, of Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN) is to focus on knowledge exchange to bring genuine change and foster development policy in the state. Ken is an organisation of Manipuris from different walk of life with vast experience in their field and various countries, some of us are from USA, UK, Japan, Singapore etc with experience as entrepreneurs, doctors, engineers, lawyers etc. We want to give back and contribute in whatever way we can in the form of knowledge and share our humble experiences. We aim to achieve these goals through projects and programs that we will run from time to time.
KEN and its members, in the recent past, have worked successfully with the government of Manipur and Manipur University, both formally and informally, in the areas of IT (Information Technology), Business Entrepreneurship, and public utility services by sharing knowledge and experience earned from the outside of Manipur by its valued member volunteers. We are confident, in the days to come, KEN and its volunteers worldwide can share valuable ideas and knowledge for the development of Manipur to various stakeholders in the state.
Some of the Notable projects we have done so far are
- 2nd KEN Convention London, meeting to pave the road which will link between Manipur and its diasporas and their propensities. Manipur Chamber of Commerce Industry MCCI members and various Manipuri Entrepreneurs from around the world attended the conference.
- 5 Weeks free skill development course based on IT base DTP and other Computer skills 20 Students Sep 2018
- Training of Skill work for Engineering Procurement Industry through HASK Skill Development Centre, 250 youths trained and almost 60% employed out of which 25% employed overseas in Dubai and Singapore, Sep 2015 – Sep 2017.
- 5 Weeks free skill development course based on IT base DTP and other Computer skills 20 Students Sep 2017
- Facilitation of the IIM Ahmedabad consulting progress on the development of IT Park in Manipur – October 2014
- 1st KEN Convention held in Boston with KEN Members from around the world and with online attendance of Mr Okram Ibobi, Honourable CM of Manipur at the time and his Cabinets.
I am happy to say that this digital Newsletter will cover the stories of diverse community members from around the world sharing their valued success stories, knowledge and expertise on our online platform mainly for the benefit of the youth of the state.
Thank you, and we will keep you posted.