CII’s North East IT Summit
Assam Administrative Staff College, Guwahati, 3 December 2014
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Principal Secretary – IT, Government of Manipur
- N. Deben , IT Director Government of Manipur
- Dr. Y. Jayanta Singh, KEN Representative(staff of Assam Don Bosco University)
- Representatives of 6 Local org. from Manipur and several others from Manipur
Objective of the Event:
The prime objective of this session is to initiate a dialogue between the key d ecision makers from the region and large & medium IT players in the country to facilitate and identify opportunities and catalyzing tie ups and linkages in terms of franchise opportunities, platforms for identifying channel partners, technical collaboratio ns…….etc.
The North East IT Summit:
The talks in the summit were very interesting. During one to one meeting(1hr time), we engaged with several representatives from different org.
Some highlights on our interest area
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Principal Secretary – IT, GoM has given excellent talk and welcome all the industry to setup in Manipur. Many are impressed with the current scenario of Manipur.
- At least 6 local companies from Manipur(STPI) turn-up and shown their existence.
- Discussion had with
- Executive vice president of Zenzar Technologies, Pune,(Mr.S. Balasubramaniam)
- CII members by Tamo Deben for further events
- Center head, of CADD Center, Guwahati (Ms.Atreyee Borooah)
- Country Head of CloudBuy, Mumbai, (Mr.Nilesh Gopali) etc..
- Capital Software, Imphal etc.
- Interesting outcome
- Zenzar Technologies has shown high interest of opening it center at Imphal SEZ with capacity of 150-200 staffs, but needs confirmation from their center head. They have given some conditions. As per our verbal discussion they are interested to do so. Verbally both parties impressed each other very well.
- Org. Like Railtel (a network) looking for channel partner or franchisee in NER, could be in Manipur.
- Other are also interested to land and start something in Manipur. Many are interested to join the IT summit which is planning to have at Manipur during 2015.
- Some company like provide update training to our graduates.
- Capital Software is planning to expand in NER (Guwahati), looking for Human resources.
Plan of Action
- Follow up Zensar periodically.
Plan for IT summit at Manipur and preparation on supporting documents-brochures, invitation cards, list of potential organizations to invite etc.
- Work and develop immediate engagement on Connectivity(net) needed. Already Tamo Deben is on this.
- Work on IT policy of Manipur to make more attractive to industry (ex: Maharashtra and MP).
- Some companies are interested to know list of Engineering colleges that produce the IT graduates. This will give them the confidence of unlimited resources supply. Overall, we are very happy with the meetings and can say that we are very near to some of our goals.
Report compiled by
Dr. Jayanta and N. Debe